Move Out or Move Up

Have you ever watched that show called “Hoarders”?
No, I am not a hoarder, at least I don’t think that I am. but I sometimes feel that way when I don’t have things in a proper place.
“EVERYTHING HAS A HOME”

That’s what I was taught as a child, that everything in your home should have somewhere to live, if it doesn’t than that may mean that you have too much. I say may because you could just lack organization.

I am the latter. Yes I can get rid of some things, but I will save that for spring. I have been planning a yard sale for about 2 years now…… no comment on the 2 years but know that 2013 yard sale is on my to do list!

I will like to think that we all have a junk drawer in our home. But I have started to accumulate so many things recently that I have some junk drawers, cabinets, shelves, corners and closets. And it is driving me insane!!!!!

What I hate so much is knowing that I have something and can’t find it. 
OR 
Buying repeat items, and then finding what I was looking for in the 1st place.  I now have 4 staple guns,  due to the fact that I couldn’t find the 1st one and then the 2nd one and so forth. This is how my life has become, and it is all because of one closet in my home.



This closet is suppose to be my guest room/office closet. But it has turned into a place to store out of season clothes, documents for our family, holiday decorations, photography equipment, dine and design project stuff, out of season linens, comforters, and curtains, old boxes from things that we have bought, for some reason my husband like to keep these, and maybe so much more. As you can see I can no longer get in there.

Until recently I didn’t have any idea what to do or how to start. And then it dawned on me. 
“I have an ATTIC”. 
Isn't this what attics are used for? To store stuff. 
Note: We have been living here for almost 3 years and I never been up there into a few days ago. 


This upstairs haven is right here in my hallway and I never thought of storing things here. All I would do every time I pass is hit the hanging string when I walk under, to make the plastic end pop against the wood, for some reason I like that sound. Something that I did when I was living in my moms home also. Some kind of OCD I guess.

 I finally went up there, and was so impressed with what I saw, I grabbed my camera.



Most attics don’t have the flooring in it already, but our does!! A perfect place for storage! Look at all that unused space, waiting and ready.

Because of high ceilings in our living room and master bedroom, some space up there is unusable.

But I can and will work with what I have!











Comments

Popular Posts