The Secrets Out…Jewerly Drawer



I went to the dollar store to fix my jewelry drawer. A quick, cheap and easy fix.






This was my drawer. I am not a big jewelry person at all. You can see there really isn’t much care that went into my jewelry. Whenever I wanted to add a piece to what I was wearing, I will usually buy something new, and then it will get lost in here.
A waste of time and money.
So I have decided to try at saving that time and using that money somewhere else!
Starting here in this little drawer.
Maybe I can invest more money in more beautiful pieces instead of my usual costume jewelry.



A pen started leaking here, unknown for some time and this is what happened to my recently purchased watch. I have tried to clean it but can’t removed the ink without damaging the look of the watch, so this one reason for the change and clean-up.





Gift wrapping paper from Home Goods $3.00
Silver Trays from the Dollar Store $2.00 ($1.00 each)
Double sided sticky pads from the Dollar Store $1.00
Set of 4 glass bowls $2.00 ($1.00 each)

Total: $8.00

After I cleaned out the drawer and threw away a lot of damaged pieces.
I used the sticky pads to each corner of the drawer to hold the paper in place.  Then I was able to organize the drawer.



I also added the sticky pads to the bottom of the trays , and the glass bowls, so that when I open and close the drawers everything will stay in place and not slide with the movement of the drawers.


And in just under an hour and $10.00 dollars I had this! 








I will admit, I kept going back and forth looking at it…. opening and closing the drawers to make sure nothing was flying out of place, and I am proud to say, every time, everything stayed in its place. A beautiful beginning!







Comments

  1. Beautiful and functional! Lovely job, Simone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! How did you come up with that idea? So innovative. I would have never thought to do this. It looks great and very functional.

    demetri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, all things are possible with a little imagination! Thanks again!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for making my day!!! I love to read every comment! Ask a question, I promise to answer!

Popular Posts