Bathroom Vanity Redo



This is the new flooring in my tiny bathroom! 
I always wanted travertine in my home. I learned about this natural stone, while working at a flooring company in my early 20’s.
This is also where I met my husband.
During this time we were pretty good friends. I always told him how much I loved this stone, and he always said that I will have it in my home and he will be happy to lay it for me.
Fast forward, about 8 years later here in 2013, we have been married for 6 years, purchased our first home and he laid that travertine that I was so gaga about. Life is funny like that!



So with a new floor, I then started on the vanity.  My husband thought that this was just a floor job. ”silly rabbit” 
A redo or just a good ole’ clean up was truly needed. The liner that you see, still rolled and in its package has been there for several months, but now is the time!


 Yuck!! Talk about neglect!

After cleaning, I them removed the doors and painted, with some paint that I had left over from my patio furniture redo.

Looking better already. Laid the lining down and then I cut around the water lines so that the lining can lay flat. No need for it to be perfect, it is in the back of the cabinet, so who is going to be back there?


These are the knobs that I decided to use, they are also made out of some type of stone. They are very heavy and beautiful. I found them at Marshall’s years ago. The missing ones are currently in my master bathroom.
This is how they looked before I painted them white.


After throwing away and reorganizing, I was then able to put the needed items back.



Framed mirrors are the best and I can’t think of any other way to complete the new vanity!


All smiles for the guy who felt that I set him up with this bathroom redo. I am not sure why he thought that all he will be doing is laying tile. But he is very happy to do more as you can see. At least I hope. :)


I love the way this is going! Did you get a glimpse of my new light fixture?

Check back for more updates!! 

Simone’




Comments

  1. You all really did a great job on the bathroom!! Under the vanity, is that a spinning block?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Yes it is a “lazy susan”,got it from Ikea! Thanks for you comment! @ Shaundra Fountain

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so talented!! Waiting on the day to get my Sinyan furniture from Macy's or Target. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow you are way above my head!! But that would be nice!! Thanks for the blessing! I would prefer Target tho! Thanks for your comment @Andrea Horne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simone,
    Thanks for sharing your creativity with us. I'm truly a fan and always look forward to seeing your current projects.
    Demetri Browe

    ReplyDelete
  6. The tile is gorgeous and the color you chose for the vanity is very pretty too! Cant' wait to see the finish product, have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for making my day!!! I love to read every comment! Ask a question, I promise to answer!

Popular Posts